Area Attractions & Dining
Several hotels and camping sites are available within five minutes of the Park and in nearby communities.
- Holiday Inn Express – Petersburg / Dinwiddie — 5 minutes from the Park
- Hilton Garden Inn – Richmond South / Southpark — 10 min.
- Hampton Inn – Petersburg / Southpark Mall — 10 min.
- Comfort Inn – Petersburg / Ft. Lee — 15 min.
- Holiday Inn – Petersburg / Fort Lee — 15 min.
- Hampton inn – Petersburg / Fort Lee — 15 min.
Bed & Breakfasts
- The Ragland Mansion – Olde Town Petersburg — 10 minutes from the Park
- Picture Lake Campground — 5 minutes from the Park
- Lake Chesdin Campground — 20 min.
- Pocahontas State Park — 30 min.
The historic Richmond-Petersburg area is home to many outstanding Civil War attractions. Within a 10-minute drive visitors can find Petersburg National Battlefield, The Siege Museum, Blandford Church and Cemetery, and City Point. A journey onward to Richmond reveals Richmond National Battlefield Park, the Virginia Historical Society, and The American Civil War Museum (including the White House of the Confederacy & Tredegar Iron Works). Beyond the Civil War sites is Henricus Historical Park, a recreation of a significant English colony from the early seventeenth century. The area also features great shopping, dining, family attractions and night life.
Surrounding Dinwiddie County is home to many fun destinations for those eager to explore beyond the rich history of the area. Nearby Lucky Lake Gem & Mineral Mine and Mardelian Farm provide a fun-filled afternoon for the whole family. For the more adventurous among us, Virginia Motorsports Park and the Virginia Skydiving Center will definitely get your heart racing.
The Civil War Store is recognized as one of the finest shops of its kind and features an unparalleled selection of Civil War books. Nearby Olde Towne Petersburg has a variety of shops ranging from large chains to local mom-and-pop stores, including a prime selection of antique stores.
Pamplin Historical Park offers catered meals for groups of 10 or more. With a picnic pavilion and banquet room, Pamplin Historical Park offers a variety of box lunches and buffets for your dining enjoyment. Call 1-804-861-2408 or toll-free 1-877-PAMPLIN today for more information and to book meals for your group. Please click here for our catering menus and contact information.
For individuals and families, many restaurants exist within five minutes of the Park, and vending machines are available on site.